How to install snap in Kali Linux
snap is another way to make package installation easier. In fact, the set of programs that can be installed using a snap is not particularly large, but there are quite exotic ones among them - for example, Skype is now officially distributed using snap. In the same place you can find Opera web browser and other programs.
As is the case with Docker, not to everyone needs snap. But if you need it in Kali Linux, then in this note I will show how to install a snap in Kali Linux.
For a concrete example, we will install both snap and opera-developer. Instead of a web browser, you can install, for example, Skype.
Install the snap, start and add the service to autoload:
sudo apt install snapd sudo systemctl start snapd sudo systemctl enable snapd
We also add apparmor to autoload (otherwise there will be an error):
systemctl start apparmor systemctl enable apparmor
To ~/.bashrc file
For the changes to take effect:
Install the program itself (opera-developer):
sudo snap install --edge opera-developer
This web browser cannot work from root, so we run it with the --no-sandbox flag:
To search for other programs that are added to snap:
snap find PROGRAM_NAME
where replace PROGRAM_NAME with actual name of a program.
- How to update Kali Linux (100%)
- How to replace Default Desktop Environment with Cinnamon in Kali Linux (100%)
- How to configure Kali Linux to use a static IP address (100%)
- How to install Guake in Kali Linux (100%)
- How to Install Total Commander Counterpart in Kali Linux (100%)
- How to install Intercepter-NG in Linux (RANDOM - 100%)