How to increase TX-Power of Wi-Fi adapters in BlackArch in 2018
Theory about increasing TX-Power of Wi-Fi adapters was already discussed in the article ‘How to increase TX-Power of Wi-Fi adapters in Kali Linux’. There you will find fundamentals of TX-Power increment and the guide, suitable for Kali Linux, and for BlackArch partly.
For BlackArch we will use power of AUR (Arch User Repository). In BlackArch/Arch Linux it is enough to install wireless-regdb-pentest – Central Regulatory Domain Database with txpower/channels modified for pentesters.
First, we start from crda and wireless-regdb installation:
sudo pacman -S crda wireless-regdb
Actually, crda and wireless-regdb is unnecessary, but without them wireless-regdb-pentest installation will fail.
Now we install wireless-regdb-pentest:
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/wireless-regdb-pentest.git cd wireless-regdb-pentest makepkg -si
You will be asked:
wireless-regdb-pentest and wireless-regdb conflict. Remove wireless-regdb? [y/N] wireless-regdb-pentest and crda conflict. Remove crda? [y/N]
It is necessary to select ‘Y’ in both questions.
Reboot your system.
Everything is done!
- How to increase TX-Power of Wi-Fi adapters in Kali Linux in 2018 (68.9%)
- WiFi-autopwner 2: user manual and overview of new features (52.7%)
- How to install the latest aircrack-ng release in Linux Mint or Ubuntu (50%)
- USB Wi-Fi Adapters with monitor mode and wireless injection (100% compatible with Kali Linux) 2019 (45.2%)
- Alfa AWUS052NH – Kali Linux Compatible USB Adapter (43.2%)
- How to change Linux boot parameters in UEFI (RANDOM - 21%)