How to install the latest aircrack-ng release in Linux Mint or Ubuntu
It is very easy to install aircrack-ng from standard Linux Mint or Ubuntu repositories:
sudo apt update sudo apt install aircrack-ng
But what is the aircrack-ng version you get?
It is easy to check even without package installation:
apt show aircrack-ng
As you can see, in the Linux Mint and Ubuntu repositories is 1.2-0~beta3 release. aircrack-ng 1.2-beta3 was released on 31 October 2014. As you can check in the official changelog, after that release it was more new versions with very many fixes and improvements.
Cheer up; we still can get the most recent aircrack-ng release on our Linux Mint or Ubuntu system. We will install it from sources.
How to install the aircrack-ng from sources in Linux Mint or Ubuntu
Remove aircrack-ng if you already installed it:
sudo apt remove aircrack-ng
Install aircrack-ng dependencies, necessary for compilation and running the program:
sudo apt install autoconf automake libpcre3-dev libnl-3-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev ethtool build-essential g++ libnl-genl-3-dev libgcrypt20-dev libtool python3-distutils sudo apt install -y pkg-config
Download aircrack-ng source, compile and install aircrack-ng:
git clone https://github.com/aircrack-ng/aircrack-ng.git cd aircrack-ng/ autoreconf -i ./configure --with-experimental --with-ext-scripts make sudo make install
Update OUI database:
As you can noticed, we got the latest Aircrack-ng 1.2 rc4 release on Linux Mint:
- How to install airgeddon on Linux Mint or Ubuntu (54.5%)
- How to install Fluxion in Linux Mint or Ubuntu (54.5%)
- How to install WiFi-Pumpkin in Linux Mint or Ubuntu (54.5%)
- How to install Bettercap on Linux Mint or Ubuntu (50.1%)
- How to install BeEF on Linux Mint or Ubuntu. ERROR: invalid username or password (SOLVED) (50.1%)
- How to Improve Wi-Fi Signal (RANDOM - 27.2%)